Guidelines and Resources
The Centre for Academic Leadership and Development offers skills workshops to support your research career. The workshops contribute to development as outlined in the 4 domains of the Researcher Development Framework.
The CDT programme offers graduates scope for taking different career paths, ranging from academic research to senior management in a commercial company.
Each of the partner universities have their own dedicated Careers Service which can offer expert advice:
- University of Glasgow
- Heriot-Watt University
- University of Strathclyde
- University of St Andrews
- University of Dundee
- University of Edinburgh
Vitae also offer a careers section which is aimed at researchers at all levels of their career.
If you have been invited to act as an examiner you may find our Guidance for Examiners helpful. Below you will find details of how to access the theses of alumni via the relevant university library. It will not always be possible to access previous theses, as some have limited access, due to IP issues. In this case, only the abstract will be available.
- Visit the Heriot Watt search page
- Enter ‘Eng.D’ in the Search box (include the dot)
- EngD thesis from 2011 onwards are currently being uploaded to the library website
- Visit the Strathclyde University search page
- Enter ‘eng d thesis’ (all letters in lower case) in the Search box to bring up all EngD theses